I’ve developed a few policies that help me run my business smoothly. Here they are:
- The clock starts ticking as soon as I arrive at your home and stops when I walk out the door.
- We will start wrapping up the work during a session about 15 minutes prior to the ending time, to allow time for payment and for scheduling the next session.
- Payment is due at the end of each session.
- Payment may be made by check (payable to Peace of Mind Organizing), money order, cash or credit card. There will be a $35 charge for any checks returned for insufficient funds, as well as additional collection of any overdraft charges.
- You are responsible for paying for agreed-upon supplies necessary for the completion of the project. For team-organizing sessions, some bins are supplied without charge.
- Travel of up to 45 minutes each way is included at no additional charge. If you live farther than 45 minutes from my St. Louis city home, you’ll be charged my hourly rate of $100 for any travel time beyond 45 minutes each way.
- I will not call you to confirm your appointment. Please don’t rely on a confirmation as a reminder.
- When you make an appointment with me and/or my team members, we set aside time on our calendars for you. If you must cancel or reschedule a scheduled appointment, you must do so within 48 hours from the time of the appointment to avoid a fee. If you cancel an appointment with less notice, you will be charged for the session. Under extenuating circumstances, at my discretion, I may waive the fee.
- Under most circumstances, you are required to be present at the organizing session and to assist with projects. Since it is important for the you to be able to focus on the session, you are expected to make arrangements for childcare, for handling incoming phone calls, and redirecting visitors so that sessions are not interrupted.
- No smoking is permitted while working.
- Charity drop offs are made to the charity of my choice or that of my team member. If you desire, we’ll make every effort to obtain a tax receipt, but cannot guarantee a tax deduction.
- All client information, both business and personal, are kept confidential. I’ll ask your permission before using any proprietary information in lectures, promotion, writing or for any other purpose. As a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, I adhere to its Code of Ethics., which includes maintaining confidentiality. As a Certified Professional Organizer®, I am bound by an even more stringent Code of Ethics.
- All Peace of Mind Organizing team members are also members of the National Association of Professional Organizers and adhere to its Code of Ethics.